Career Level Others
You will help design, lead, and implement experiments to support the development of manufacturing methods and readiness for production of company products. You will be required to write protocols and essays whilst overseeing research assistants.
- Accountable for the leadership and implementation of bench-scale protocols/assays in the process/product development experiments for pretreatment, characterization and enzymatic hydrolysis of lignocellulosic material as well as fermentation of sugar extracts with application to the production of beer
- Developing/validating reliable methods and assays to monitor enzymatic hydrolysis and fermentation including analytical experience with HPLC, total phenolics by Folin Ciocalteu; total protein; total flavonoids by aluminium chloride colorimetric assay; total FAN by ninhydrin, etc.
- Validation of methods for sensitivity, accuracy, repeatability, compatibility, standard curve linearity, and interference
- Overseeing research assistants in a fast-paced environment having great people skills and mentoring abilities
- Developing protocols and technology transfer documents for scaling processes
- Experienced in microbiology, media preparation, culture maintenance, propagation, culture preservation and aseptic techniques
- Experience in a brewing QC lab environment is an asset
- PhD, MSc. BSc. in biochemistry, biotechnology, microbiology, (bio-) chemical engineering or bioprocess engineering.
- Experience with operation and maintenance of bench-top reactors, computer software to control reactors and data acquisition, small equipment.
- Experience with analytical HPLC.
- Expertise in compiling data, statistical analysis and objective scientific interpretation of data, report writing, and presentation of key findings.
- Kinetics, inhibiton, optimization and production of enzymes, more specifically cellulase
- Fermentation experience with yeast including scale-up.
- Brewing experience is a huge plus including knowledge of hops, experience with malting, taste panels, QC brewing lab techniques, etc.